Sunday, February 10, 2013

Welcome Readers

Welcome to my book blog. Books have always been a part of my life, and growing more important to me the older I get. I've read the genres of horror, regular fiction, some classics, and my favorite, murder mysteries. I want to create a forum where my audience can share what they are reading, let participating readers know if they like it or not. The reasons they think the book is good or not, and future reads.

I've been thinking about what makes a good book to me. I have decided that I look for a few items in my stories. The first is a compelling story. I want my books to have a point, and an interesting one. Along the way I want interesting characters presented. I want to feel that the main players in the story are vulnerable, have strengths, strong convictions, and are characters I can relate to. I want my books, fiction or non fiction, to teach me something. Whether I learn new words or phrases, new quotes, phrases, geographic information, or just some mundane facts it doesn't matter to me. I want to walk away with something new before I read the story.

I've recently gotten on a roll with reading. I'm focusing more of my time to it and would like to share the books I read with participants of this blog. I hope you find it enjoyable and worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment